Being a clinical service provider often comes with associated costs. No matter your work setting, there might be expenses that aren’t covered by an employer or other source. Although you could always wait for a sale or scour Groupon, a number of discount opportunities are available year-round.
Your ASHA Member Benefits
As an ASHA member, you have a number of cost-saving benefits available to you. Discounts are available from the following companies:
- Mercer Consumer offers professional liability insurance.
- GEICO offers discounts on auto insurance.
- Elavon offers discounts on credit card processing. (Call 800-546-1831 to learn more.)
- Life Line Screening offers discounts on preventative health screenings for ASHA members, their families, and friends. (Call 866-579-5074 to learn more.)
- RxCut offers discounts on generic prescriptions.
- Avis offers car rental discounts, up to 25% off base rates.
- Budget offers car rental discounts, up to 25% off base rates.
- Hyatt Hotels offers hotel discounts, up to 10% off daily rates.
- Office Depot/Office Max offers discounts on more than 93,000 products, up to 80% on certain products.
Learn more about additional ASHA member discounts.
Take Free Courses
Many ASHA-approved continuing education providers offer free courses. These courses are a great opportunity to earn hours toward your certification requirement. (However, if you need ASHA continuing education units [CEUs], the ASHA CE Registry fee is additional. Also, make sure to read
the course’s website or brochure to see what is included in its "free" offer.)
Meet With Exhibitors at Events
Exhibitors at live and online events are eager to gain your business. Although you may not want to meet with every company at the ASHA Convention or ASHA Connect, know that many exhibitors have discounts or special offerings for attendees. As you plan your visit to the Exhibit Hall, check out
exhibitor profiles on the event app for any mentioned discounts or giveaways. And never be shy to ask if they have any specials, giveaways, or group discounts at their booth.
Use Your or Your Employer's Affiliations
You never know where you might find a good deal. Many school districts receive discounts from Michaels, Barnes and Noble, and other stores on school supplies. In addition, if you are a member of organizations such as Rotary International, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, or
AAA Club Alliance, they offer discounts on everything from printing to computers, phone plans, and more.
Take Advantage of Free Materials or Material Exchanges
A wealth of member-created materials exists online. Specialized communities of support offer access to resources relevant to your needs and work setting. You can search online, join social media groups, or subscribe to a newsletter to gain access to games, worksheets, and more. By tapping in to
your local community of clinicians, you may be able to find material exchanges or borrow material from other clinicians in your area.