Department Summary: The mission of the BSU Communication Sciences and Disorders Program is to prepare generations of highly qualified speech language pathologists equipped with a thorough understanding of typical and atypical communication and swallowing processes and the best prevention, diagnostic and treatment practices; and to serve as a professional development, public awareness and clinical resource for Southeastern Massachusetts communities and beyond.
Position Summary: General Statement of Duties: Supervise undergraduate and graduate clinical practicum students according to ASHA guidelines. Provide clinical instruction, as needed, through supervision meetings, seminars and coursework. Assist clinic director and staff with development and implementation of SLHC policies and procedures and maintain and develop clinical documentation systems.
This position reports to the Clinical Director.
This is a full time, 12 month APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Position Type: APA Professional
Essential Duties: 1.Supervise evaluation and treatment of specific speech and language disorders in the Bridgewater State University Speech-Language-Hearing Center.
2. Supervise undergraduate (100%) and graduate (ASHA guidelines) students enrolled in clinical practicum at the BSU Speech-Language-Hearing Center and in off-campus sites.
3. Provide direct service to clients when necessary.
4. Assist student clinicians with the implementation of policies and procedures for the delivery of speech, language, and hearing services to clients in the university community and in the surrounding community.
5. Monitors record keeping, including: clinical records and compilation of statistical data for preparation of Program Review and Accreditation reports.
6. Maintain and develop clinical forms and documentation systems.
7. Participate in day-to-day operation of the Center. ?
8. Assist in ordering and maintaining clinical equipment, materials, and supplies.
9. Assist the clinic director and faculty in the clinical education of students and management of service delivery programs to clients.
10. Participate in clinical program development on campus and in the community.
11. Teach undergraduate and graduate clinical practicum.
12.Participate in annual professional development activities.
13. Performs other duties as necessary to achieve program goals and objectives.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
Current Massachusetts Licensure (eligibility)in Speech-Language Pathology
Minimum 3 – 5 years experience practicing in clinical setting
Experience supervising graduate students and/or clinical fellows in speech-language pathology
Preferred Qualifications: Clinical expertise in one or more of the following: voice, fluency, AAC, aural rehabilitation with pediatric and/or adult populations.
Completed coursework and/or training in clinical supervision/instruction in speech-language pathology
Work Environment: Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility: Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $65,000 - 75,000 Posting Number: S00376P Open Date: 08/08/2018 Close Date: 9/9/2018 Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
Evidence of ASHA certification and Massachusetts licensure (eligibility) is required.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
The AMERICAN SPEECH-LANGUAGE-HEARING ASSOCIATION (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students