Come be a part of something bigger and help be part of a mission that changes people's lives! If you want to come to work every day and witness an amazing mission in action, Providence Speech & Hearing Center is the place for you.
Our services are provided in several locations throughout Orange and South Los Angeles Counties (Orange, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Cerritos, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, and Newport Beach). Four (4) Full-Time Positions Open: We need two (3) Audiologists at our Orange clinic: one with Cochlear Implant expertise; and two (2) with Pediatrics and Adult experience. Our Cerritos clinic needs one (1) Audiologist with Pediatric experience.
Since 1965, Providence Speech and Hearing Center (PSHC) has followed our mission of "Enriching Life with the Gifts of Speech and Hearing" by helping more than 500,000 families in Orange County. We offer a variety of speech, hearing and occupational therapy services for children and adults alike and a one-of-a-kind experience where patients receive care with advanced technology and a supportive, optimistic environment.
PSHC has an imaginative environment with exercises, treatment, and hands-on activities that allow patients to grow and advance their skills. Our staff of audiologists, Speech-Language Pathologists, occupational therapists and volunteers each contributes to the success and health of our patients. A spirited team effort upholds our mission.
• Provide accurate diagnosis, appropriate referral and active follow-up of all patients seen in audiology services.
• Parent education and family training in accordance with early identification best practices for identification and intervention of newly identified hearing loss as well as new hearing aid technologies.
• Determine appropriate assessment tools and strategies and implement appropriate treatment plans for all patients receiving rehabilitative services.
• Knowledge of, and in compliance with, the policies and procedures regarding record keeping, clinical goals and protocols, patient eligibility, patient scheduling, and all quality assurance standards maintained by the Department, PSHC, and all outside control agencies.
• Accurate and complete knowledge of CPT codes and other billing codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement from various payer sources.
• Participates as a team member with other audiology staff in clinical maintenance, staff meetings and associated assignments.
• Partner with community partners to provide audiology services and/or information sessions at other facilities.
• Master’s Degree, or Master’s Equivalency, in Audiology required-Doctorate of Audiology preferred
• Currently holds a California Dispensing Audiology license, or is willing and able to obtain one
• Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid and CPR certification, or is willing and able to obtain one
• Able and willing to work with and communicate in an empathetic, confidential, and professional manner to patients across age ranges and from all cultural linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Qualifies or will apply for staff privileges with all hospital, health maintenance organizations, preferred provider networks, and other agencies as required by PSHC to execute all contractual requirements
• Experience with cochlear implants is preferred (PSHC has a Cochlear Implant Institute)
• Pediatrics experience is required
Additional Salary Information: BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage
• 403(b) retirement plan company contributions
• 9 Paid Holidays and 15 PTO days
• Clinical License Reimbursement
• Reimbursement for professional membership dues
Internal Number: 2018-10
About Providence Speech & Hearing Center
Providence Speech and Hearing Center was founded in 1965 and has grown to become one of the largest clinics of its kind in the country. Providence strives to achieve its mission of “Enriching Life Through the Gifts of Speech and Hearing” by continually providing the highest quality services in the identification, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of speech, language and hearing disorders for persons of all ages, races and socioeconomic backgrounds. As a nonprofit organization and a National Center of Excellence, we don't turn anyone away - ever - regardless of their ability to pay. We have Clinics throughout Los Angeles & Orange County (Orange (HQ), Fullerton, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Cerritos, L.A.)
BACK TO TOP
ASHA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASHA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASHA Career Center.
The AMERICAN SPEECH-LANGUAGE-HEARING ASSOCIATION (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students