Just like the children we serve, Children's is growing quickly and hiring an Audiologist to provide high quality diagnostic and rehabilitative services for auditory and related disorders according to published guidelines and departmental policy and procedure.
We offer generous benefits, student loan reimbursement and relocation is negotiable.
· Gathers patient information to aid in the selection of test modality and test interpretation.
· Uses a multi-disciplinary approach toward identifying and addressing needs, coordinating care and facilitating open two-way communication within and outside of the organization
· Coordinates the selection and fitting of appropriate amplification devices
· Facilitates learning and understanding in patients, caregivers, staff, students and community by providing education that is easily understood.
· Openly shares knowledge and expertise.
· Utilizes internal and external resources to maintain knowledge of current practice.
2. Completes comprehensive documentation according to hospital and department policy and procedure that clearly and concisely records clinical involvement with the patient and caregiver.
· Interprets, documents, and communicates test results to physicians within the established time frames.
· Documentation provides support for billed charges. Maintains accurate and organized record of health information.
3. Accurately records and verifies patient charges and departmental statistical information daily.
4. Provides clinical oversight to Infant Hearing Screening Programs for Children’s NICU and Methodist Newborn Nursery by assisting with purchase of equipment, communication of results and coordination of follow-up, completing necessary reporting and follow-up in a timely manner and in accordance with state law.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Audiology required.
Experience working with pediatric patients or pediatric clinical internship preferred
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required to work
Current and valid Nebraska State License in Audiology required.
Current and valid Certification of Clinical Competency required.
Additional Salary Information: We offer competitive wages and benefits including $10,000 student loan reimbursement for full time, PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, 403B retirement
Internal Number: 6394
About Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
Located in Omaha, NE, our 145-bed non-profit hospital operates the only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in the region and offers 24-hour, in-house services by pediatric critical care specialists including the region’s only Level 4 NICU. As the only full-service, pediatric health care center in Nebraska we provide expertise in more than 60 pediatric specialty services to children across a five-state region and beyond. The new Hubbard Center for Children illustrates our dramatic transformation and growth by nearly doubling our capacity.
BACK TO TOP
ASHA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASHA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASHA Career Center.
The AMERICAN SPEECH-LANGUAGE-HEARING ASSOCIATION (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students