HRRMC's Rehab Department has a Part Time (24hrs/week) benefited position available as a Speech-Language Pathologist! This position is eligible for our generous benefits package; including health insurance, employer matching retirement plans and paid time off all at or within your first 30 days on the job!
Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) work to prevent, assess, diagnose & treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication & swallowing disorders in children & adults. Speech therapy, which is the care and services provided by or under the direction and supervision of a Speech-Language Pathologist, includes:
1. Examines patients with speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication & swallowing disorders.
2. Alleviates impairments and functional limitations by designing, implementing and modifying therapeutic interventions that address speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication & swallowing disorders.
3. Prevents injury, impairments, functional limitations, and disability, including the promotion and maintenance of fitness, health, and quality of life in all age populations.
4 Engages in consultation, education, and research.
5. Maintains a record on each patient including physician orders, diagnosis, treatment, progress, record of attendance and summary, in a timely manner. Keep accurate daily and monthly department records. Submit and verify patient charges for services rendered.
6. Consults with physician concerning goals and treatment plans.
7. Provides direct supervision of aides.
8. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, discussing patient or hospital business only when appropriate and necessary to provide quality patient care.
9. Employs tact and courtesy at all times, with patients, physicians, visitors and co-workers. Continually strives to establish and maintain good rapport and working relationships to foster positive intra- and interdepartmental communications.
10. Observes all hospital and departmental policies and procedures; follows all hospital and departmental safety rules.
11. Participates in in-service training as requested by department manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The Speech-Language Pathologist must have completed training in accordance with minimum essential for speech therapy schools as prescribed by Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association. Must hold active Speech- Language Pathologist license for the state of Colorado.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. Current, active Speech-Language Pathologist license for Colorado or a permit from the licensing board while awaiting licensure examination.
2. Current CPR Certification.
3. Current Colorado driver’s license; must provide proof of current automobile liability insurance.
Internal Number: 168096833
About Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is a full-service hospital offering medical and acute care, with extensive diagnostic capabilities, surgical treatment and rehabilitation services in Salida, Colorado. The Colorado mountain town of Salida is located in Chaffee County and sits in the middle of the state, literally in the “Heart of the Rockies”. Surrounded by 14,000 foot mountains, Chaffee County is known as the adventurer’s paradise with year-round outdoor activities: whitewater rafting, skiing, hiking, mountain biking, four-wheeling, zip lining and relaxing in our natural hot springs!
The AMERICAN SPEECH-LANGUAGE-HEARING ASSOCIATION (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students