Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital has a full-time opening for an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist. This is not a CFY position.
The Speech-Language Pathologist provides Speech-Language therapy according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines, and demonstrates and promotes excellence in Speech-Language patient care and treatment. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in Speech-Language Pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of Speech-Language Pathologist assistants and technicians when applicable.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100030
License or Certification:
- Active California SLP licensure is required
- CPR certification is required (American Heart Association approved)
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a Master's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
Internal Number: 100030
About Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital
Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital, is an acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly-skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care. HealthSouth Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital is Orange County’s only freestanding acute rehab hospital and is also the only hospital in the county that has earned the Joint Commission’s disease specific certification for Stroke Rehabilitation. In addition to caring for rehabilitation diagnoses such as stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputee and trauma, Tustin Rehab Hospital also has specialized inpatient programs for orthopedics/joint replacement, hip fracture and neurological disorders. Our hospital is located at 14851 Yorba Street in Tustin, CA 92780 and serves patients throughout Orange County and the greater Southern California area.
BACK TO TOP
ASHA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASHA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASHA Career Center.
The AMERICAN SPEECH-LANGUAGE-HEARING ASSOCIATION (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students