Faculty Program Chair/Associate/Full Professor of Speech-Language Pathology
Northeastern State University
April 3, 2018
Competitive salary and excelle
Academic / Research
Description of Position
Northeastern State University invites applications for a full tenure track Associate or Full Professor of Speech-Language Pathology/Program Chair of Master’s Degree Program in the College of Science and Health Professions. This is a 9 month appointment. The successful applicant will teach undergraduate and graduate courses and supervise clinical practicum in the Speech-Language Pathology Program. Other responsibilities will include scholarship, evaluation, university and professional service, and other assigned duties.
While this position will be based on the Tahlequah campus, supervision responsibilities of the program will extend to the Muskogee and Broken Arrow campuses. Teaching responsibilties may extend to Muskogee and Broken Arrow campuses as needed. The position reports to the Department of Health Professions Chair.
The Program Chair, Speech-Language Pathology oversees the development, management and administration of the program, including planning, development, delivery, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, maintenance of accreditation, and commitment to strategies for professional development.
• Ensures program compliance according to regional as well as programmatic accreditation requirements.
• Responsible for the development and appropriate management of all experiential learning sites, relationships, policies and procedures.
• Participates in fiscal administration, curriculum development and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision and evaluation of faculty, design and operation of program facilities, and selection/coordination of program specific external facilities and instruction.
• Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
• Teach courses in SLP Program (undergraduate and graduate);
• Participate in program, department, college, university & professional service
The ideal candidate should possess a distinguished academic record in teaching, research/scholarship, and service that merits appointment at the rank of Associate/Full Professor in the Gregg Wadley College of Science and Health Professions. The following credentials should also be met:
• A Ph.D. in Speech and Hearing Sciences or a closely related field;
• Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology (CCC-SLP);
• ASHA Accreditation experience;
• A graduate degree with a major emphasis in speech-language pathology, audiology, or in speech, language, and hearing science;
• An earned doctorate in a related field (PhD, EdD);
• A minimum of three (3) years clinical practice as a speech-language therapist with a demonstrated knowledge of current professional practice and service delivery domains;
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with college level teaching experience is required;
• Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the State of Oklahoma.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, work collaboratively in teams, interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty and students as well as external constituencies, and provide visionary leadership for this academic program;
• A record of personal integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the Mission of the University is essential;
• Administrative experience, including but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting;
• A recognized record of scholarship;
A Doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology or related area required; Terminal degree required for tenure eligibility and rank. CCC-SLP or eligibility for CCC-SLP and eligibility for Oklahoma State License required.
Northeastern State University offers a comprehensive benefits program that provides economic security and builds a solid base for future retirement needs. Health, dental and vision insurance are just a few of the important and valuable benefits of the compensation package offered to full-time employees. Visit our website NSUOK.EDU and view NSU at a Glance for more information.
The AMERICAN SPEECH-LANGUAGE-HEARING ASSOCIATION (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for members and affiliates who are audiologists, speech-language pathologists, speech, language, and hearing scientists, audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel, and students