To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for a clinical area (PT, OT and SLP) within the Department of Rehabilitation Services. Occasionally supervises therapists from all 3 specialties. It is his/her responsibility to maintain high levels of quality patient care and foster growth and development of staff members.
- 1. Supervises the work of Therapists, Assistants, Associates/Aides and clerical staff.
- 2. All patient care responsibilities will be performed consistent with population specific criteria.
- 3. Recommends and implements departmental policies and procedures and appropriate standards.
- 4. Interviews and recommends candidates for staff positions.
- 5. Audits patient charts to determine and evaluate the level and quality of patient care provided.
- 6. Evaluates and recommends the purchase of equipment to ensure maintenance of equipment and supplies in the department.
- 7. Maintains effective working relationships with physicians and hospital staff to foster support for departmental programs and to promote patient referrals in order to achieve effective utilization of departmental personnel.
- 8. Keeps abreast of developments in rehabilitation and recommends changes in equipment and/or programs.
- 9. Keeps director informed of relevant activities, needs, and problems.
- 10. Collects and reports statistical data as required.
- 11. Maintains department facilities and equipment in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
- 12. Introduces and demonstrates to staff members new techniques, equipment, and research findings.
- 13. Ensures that the department is represented at assigned clinics.
- 14. Evaluates performance of departmental personnel and recommends merit increases, promotions, and/or disciplinary actions.
- 15. Provides input to the director to assist with the development of short and long term goals for the department.
- 16. Resolves patient care and patient related problems.
- 17. Promotes professional growth and development of the staff.
- 18. Assists the director in the development and organization of programs to facilitate hospital and departmental goals.
- 19. Assumes the duties of the director in his/her absence.
- 20. Approves vacation requests.
- 21. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- 22. Delegates responsibility and authority for specific duties to professional staff as indicated.
- 23. Attends appropriate departmental meetings with staff and director.
- 24. In addition to and in conjunction with managerial duties and responsibilities, performs the duties of therapists as appropriate and required.
- 25. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a manner which ensures customer satisfaction and promotes positive and constructive working relationships within the department and throughout the extended medical community.
- 26. Monitors compliance with regulatory standards. Takes corrective when necessary.
- 27. Performs other additional duties as required or assigned.
Graduate of an accredited program in Occupational or Physical Therapy or Speech-Language Pathology. NBCOT certification preferred if an Occupational Therapist. Master's degree preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in Rehabilitation Services in an acute care facility with demonstrated increase in leadership and responsibility. Previous supervisory experience desirable.
CT License for Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech-Language Pathologist required.
Current with MS Office; Performance Improvement training (e.g. LEAN) preferred.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds in the performance of daily job requirements.