Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in speech-language pathology (minimum MS or MA SLP)
- Must be ASHA certified (CCCs) OR must be eligible for 9-month Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) in order to earn ASHA certification (CCCs) and/or meeting ASHA credentialing criteria. Once achieved, must maintain ASHA credentialing.
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year experience in post-acute care or related setting preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient care,, documentation and therapy software responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to establish, assess, and modify realistic, measurable, timely, and functional goals
- (SLP-CCC only) Must be able to oversee and evaluate care given by SLP-CFYs
- (SLP-CFY only) Must be able to follow speech therapy treatment plans for patients under direction of the supervising SLP-CCC and in accordance with Federal and State guidelines
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must be able to utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
For more information on our location, visit us at http://sanluiscarecenter.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer