1. To serve as a member of the Multidisciplinary Special Education Diagnostic Team (MDT), providing supportive assessment data and consultation to team members and case management as assigned for students birth to 26 years old.
2. To serve as a member of the MDT for all students referred with a suspected impairment, including responsibility for obtaining parent/guardian input into the speech and language assessment process.
3. Prepare and interpret speech and or language disorder, autism, sld or related eligibility assessments.
See complete Description under Quick Links at www.dsisd.net
1. An earned Master's degree
2. A valid Michigan Speech-Language Pathologist License
3. Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language Pathology (CCC_SLP)
The Delta-Schoolcraft Intermediate School District (DSISD) serves all of Delta and Schoolcraftcounties and is located along the northwestern shore of Lake Michigan. US-2 and US-41 provide easyaccess to the many commercial and vacation areas east and west throughout the Upper Peninsula and north and south to Lake Superior and Green Bay. The location provides for enjoyment of year-roundoutdoor activ...ities: sailing, fishing, camping, hunting, skiing, and snowmobiling. The ISD offices are located in Escanaba.The DSISD serves seven K-12 public school districts, one public school academy, and three private schools. The ISD provides a range of services in the following areas: General Administration &Business (financial and student records, grant coordination, and data submission); General Education (curriculum, school improvement, and professional development); Career-Technical Education (2locations with 541 students in 12 programs); Special Education (operates the Learning Center for high needs students and provides support for locals); Northwood’s Math, Science and Technology Center to address math/science curriculum); and Clear Lake Education Center (outdoor education).
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.