CLEAR SPEECH, INC.
Expanding fast - Looking for dedicated, expansion-driven
Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist
About our company:
Based in Everett, WA., we are the new industry standard for intervention. The concept of natural environment is brought dynamically to the forefront of intervention and is integrated into all aspects of therapy. We focus on improving communication in meaningful ways by including family in the process from start to finish. This is done in the quiet and supportive place of a real home. Anxiety is minimized as children and parents know what to expect and how to behave in the context of a home. With anxiety lowered, accurate identification of barriers to communication are located, defined, and ameliorated as effectively and efficiently as possible. We offer not only a low stress environment for our clients but also offer life/work balance for our employees.
You will chime in with the mission of improving feeding, oral motor, communication, and pragmatic skills in the context of a natural environment. You will provide thorough and well thought out plans of intervention, all the while targeting ways to shore up your own areas of expertise as new problems arise. You will use multifaceted ways of documenting achievements that go beyond the status quo and will meet challenges enthusiastically as you treat and research new ways to treat communication disorders.
Specific responsibilities & duties:
- You will need to arrive at the clinic well fed, well rested, and ready to give your full attention to your pre-planned therapy sessions. It is expected that six clients per day will be served with progress documented through discrete measures on very specific goals and objectives.
- Electronic SOAP note documentation will be completed daily along with a weekly homework plan for each client, which translates the objectives of therapy into meaningful activities of daily living.
- Evaluation instruments are completed to the extent that you have a well-rounded understanding of the feeding or communication problem, a report is written and shared with the family and other caregivers.
- You will need to gain full understanding of the issues through the entire process.
- The work space needs to kept tidy and refreshed, personal use of items such as dishes are washed and put back in cabinets.
- Mandatory attendance of staff meetings once per month, performance reviews once per quarter.
- A Master's degree in Speech Pathology with an emphasis in pediatrics.
- 5 years of experience in pediatrics
- Multiple trainings in advanced oral motor development and intervention.
- A willingness to follow a unique protocol for auditory processing that is hierarchical in nature.
- Training in integrated listening systems
- Training in electric stimulation for swallowing
Desired personality Characteristics:
- Team player.
- Solution focused and well organized.
- High energy, willing to go above and beyond.
- Effective, strong communication skills.
- Great listener.
- Able to step up to challenges, get the job done, recommend how to improve the process.
- Non-judgmental, passionate.
- Devoted to reaching goals & targets.
- Self-motivated, even keeled, happy.
- Easy to get along with, honest.
Offered salary& other compensations:
- Base salary is 60,000 with medical and a SIMPLE retirement plan.
- Bonus programs are in place for % of arrivals, number of clients seen during a 30-day, 6 month, and 1 year time frame.
- Bonus for developing programs that improve communication in the community.
- National Holidays are observed, along with Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year.
Please do not call the company. We do NOT accept phone applications. Thank you for applying through the link provided below.