We are excited to announce an open position for a full-time adult speech-language pathologist to join our expanding multidisciplinary team at The MUSC Voice and Swallowing Institute. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates with a passion for continuously improving patient care. The SLP in this position would:
· Collaborate clinically and academically with our multidisciplinary team that includes physicians, nursing, therapists, and speech-language pathologists
· Provide and improve care in multiple clinical settings throughout the MUSC Health Systems including inpatient and outpatient clinics
· Perform and interpret diagnostic exams including: acoustic, aerodynamic, videostroboscopy, flexible endoscopy, and videofluoroscopy
Contribute to clinical research and continuing education
Apply to www.muscjobs.com-Medical Center job #A503629
Minimum - Master’s degree in speech-language pathology
· Experience in performing and interpreting diagnostic exams including acoustics, aerodynamics, videostroboscopy, flexible endoscopy, videofluoroscopy (preferred)
· Experience in providing voice, resonance and swallow therapy
· Three or more years of experience in voice and swallowing in a medical setting preferred
· Contribution to local or national professional boards and committees (such as ASHA or State-level speech and hearing associations)
· Presentation at national and regional professional conferences
Licenses and Certifications:
· SC licensure or eligible
· ASHA certified, CCC is a plus
· MBSImP certification
· BCSS preferred for swallow subspecialty
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Familiarity with a variety of procedure-based assessment and intervention protocols is required.
Organization, time management, flexibility, and positive attitude are crucial to successful performance.
A collaborative, open and approachable personality is important.
Full-Time, 40 hours per week. Scheduled hours will be between the hours of 7:30 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Salary Information: Starting salary is based on the relevant work experience of each specific applicant.
Founded in 1824, The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) continues the tradition of excellence in education, research and patient care. MUSC educates and trains more than 3,000 students and residents in six colleges and has nearly 13,000 employees, including approximately 1,500 faculty members. MUSC operates a 700-bed medical center, which includes a nationally recognized children's hospital, the NCI-designated Hollings Cancer Center, a Level I trauma center, Institute of Psychiatry, more than 100 outreach locations across the state, and South Carolina’s only transplant center. This environment provides abundant opportunities for continuing education, exploring your professional goals and enhancing your knowledge in the field.
About Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center
Located in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina, the MUSC Medical Center offers a unique lifestyle with coastal living. The beaches and parks are a quick getaway for those looking for a relaxing retreat. Likewise, historical downtown Charleston offers exciting yearly events such as Spoleto, art walks and the Cooper River Bridge Run. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a pro...gressive environment. All interested candidates should complete an on-line application at www.muscjobs.com.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.