The School of Health Professions at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center invites applications for the position of Chair, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS). The Chair reports to the Dean of the School of Health Professions and provides primary leadership for the department, including: setting strategic direction; mentoring and evaluating faculty; budgeting efficiently and effectively; developing new initiatives; managing space, equipment and personnel; enhancing scholarly activities; and building and maintaining strategic partnerships both with the University and in the local, state, and national community. The Chair is expected to lead faculty and students in their quest for excellence in education and research, establish long-term goals for the department, and create a vision for attaining these goals.
-Earned doctorate in Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology or related field
- Evidence of academic administrative experience (at least 5 years)
- Demonstrated success in teaching and working with adult learners
- Experience with course and program development at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- Evidence of research/scholarly achievements, ongoing research, experience obtaining and administering extramurally-funded research grants
- Knowledge of or experience with higher education accreditation
- ASHA certification and eligible for Texas licensure
- Serve as Chair for School of Health Professions Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences programs
- Supervise Program Directors in the SLHS Department
- Serve on department, campus and university wide committees
- Engage in research and teaching
- Provide service to the profession and to the wider community
- Participate in professional development
The TTUHSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
About Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Health Professions
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is a multi-campus institution, with the campus in Lubbock serving as the administrative center, and with regional campuses at Abilene, Dallas, Amarillo, Midland, and Odessa. TTUHSC has as its major objectives the provision of high quality education, research, and client/community service to meet the needs of the 108 counties of West Texas. ... Department: The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences offers two undergraduate programs (traditional Bachelor’s and a post-baccalaureate) and three graduate programs (Master’s in SLP, AuD, and the Communications Disorders concentration for the PhD in Rehabilitation Science). Location: Lubbock, Texas is home to more than 252,000 residents and offers small-town hospitality in the center of the South Plains region. For more information visit http://www.visitlubbock.org/ Application Process: Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled or until an adequate applicant pool is established. Anticipated start date is August 1, 2018 or thereafter. Candidates should apply online at www.texastech.edu/careers/ Requisition number 11579BR. Please submit a cover letter addressing qualifications, a curriculum vitae, and two professional references on the Texas Tech Jobs Website. For additional information contact Dr. Dawndra Sechrist (Dawndra.Sechrist@ttuhsc.edu), Chair of the Search Committee. The TTUHSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.