Speech-Language Pathologist Position (per diem hours, Mon. - Sat.)
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and passionate Speech-Language Pathologists to work with our early intervention population.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Going into the homes of children (birth to 3 years) with special needs and working with them and their families;
· Conduct evaluations and assessments, create and implement treatment plans with long/short term goals. Goals will target deficit swallowing, communication, and cognitive-linguistic development related to social and school readiness skills in clients between the ages of 15 months to 3 years.
· Work cooperatively with various other disciplines (ex. ABA and OT)
· Gather, compile, and prepare data for evaluation and progress reports as well as statistical and operational reports.
· Participate in staff development, education and training programs as necessary.
· Maintain client confidentiality.
· Commute (driving) to and from client residence.
· Potentially working various hours throughout the day.
· Competitive pay;
· Additional training;
- Opportunity to collaborate across disciplines;
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume via email. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
· Possess a Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, or related sciences
· Possess valid California Speech-Language Pathologist License
· Possess valid ASHA and CCC certification
· Experience working with children preferred;
· Must be able to provide proof of eligibility for employment within the United States;
· Must be able to speak English fluently;.
· Must provide proof of a tuberculosis (TB) test within the last six months;
· Must be able to clear a Livescan/background check;
· Must have valid driver's license;
· Must provide proof of a clean driving record; and
· Must have own transportation, ability and willingness to travel within and around Orange County.
· Fluency in language other than English (Spanish, Vietnamese, etc.).
Verbal Behavior Associates provides applied behavior analysis (ABA) services to children impacted by autism and other language delays. We work closely with families and schools in San Diego County, Orange County, and Riverside County. Our interventions leverage current research in ABA with an emphasis on verbal behavior.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.