Part-Time Outpatient Opportunity for Audiologist-Community
Los Angeles, CA
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Audiologists in South CentralLos Angeles, CA. Immediate opening for Part Time Audiologist in a community based outpatient setting serving mental health and ID/DD clients. Flexible hours with competitive hourly rate. Up to 20 hours per week.
Join a great staff in an exceptional work environment where you will serve as an appreciated and valued member of a supportive and collaborative team of professionals.
Columbus offers a great hourly rate for this perfect moonlighting opportunity.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Receives general supervision from the Director of Clinical Services. The Audiologist will offer screening as well audiological evaluations for infants in the Early Start Unit.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) An audiological evaluation on individual who did not pass an initial hearing screening.
2) Perform comprehensive assessment of the outer, middle and inner ear function.
3) Perform an Audiological assessment utilizing the following techniques:
Visual reinforcement audiometry
Conditioned Play Audiometry
Speech Audiometry- will ask child to repeat words or point to pictures to determine the softest speech sounds that he/she is able to hear
Traditional Audiometry( depending on the child’s age will have child raise his/her hand)
4) Assessment of middle ear function
Acoustic Reflex Threshold
5) Diagnostic Otoacoustic Emissions
6) Ability to convey information regarding test results or recommendation for treatment to parents and Service Coordinators.
7) Participates in health training/teaching and making appropriate referrals to generic community resources
8) Serves as consultant to other professional staff in assessing developmental levels and identifying health problems in the high risk infant
9) Consultation and follow-up with PCP or ENT if needed.
10) The ability to interact professionally at all times with families, physician and team members.
11) Ability to follow instructions and base decisions on current policies.
12) Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
13) Desire to educate parents, community and staff about hearing and hearing loss.
14) Ability to establish rapport with families to make them feel comfortable and that you care about their well-being
15) Other duties may be assigned.
Possession of a valid license to practice as an Audiologist, issued by the State of California, certified by American Board of Audiologist or a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A); a Masters Degree in Audiology from an accredited program.
Possess knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Outlook. Must also possess a valid California Drivers License and be willing to make home visits and hospital visits, as warranted.
If interested in this opportunity please submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 888-379-2524 attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment.
The Columbus Organization is a leading national provider of professional staffing and consultative services serving state agencies and school districts that serve individuals with special needs. Columbus employs approximately 500 professionals nationwide. Competitive salaries and full comprehensive benefit plan provided for full time employees.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language, and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.